Do I need to use an outside aggregator in conjunction with Revelator?
You do not need an outside aggregator. Revelator enables you to connect to the DSPs for delivery with your own deals or you could opt in to use Revelator's deals with the DSPs for distribution. Click here to view the list of DSPs that we currently support.
Will the Revelator platform replace our current royalty system?
Yes, the platform enables you to do your master recording royalties with great easy and automation. I do want to clarify that we currently do not do royalty processing for publishing.
Where is Revelator based?
Distribution and Platform Services (reporting, royalties and payments) are managed by our US corporation and software/platform development and R&D is managed by our Israel corporation.
What is the advantage of using Revelator as a distributo/aggregator?
- All distribution workflows in one platform which saves time & money.
- Create trust & transparency with end to end visibility of your reported earnings and daily trending in one unified dashboard. Our enterprise-level permission-based software allows you to share only what you want with your team, stakeholders and artists.
What information would you need exactly from us for the transfer from our distributor/aggregator?
Revelator requires our customers catalog to be ingested, whether you are using Revelator to distribute, do reporting, and/or royalties. This can be done in a few different ways:
- Your current aggregator can possibly set up a feed to Revelator.
- Use Revelator's catalog ingestion template.
- Create a release directly on the platform.
Does Revelator process Mechanical Royalties?
Yes, we process mechanical reporting with our platform in the following ways:
- Indicate the mechanical amounts due on each payee statement
- Provide a master mechanical report to you showing all amounts due by each payee (but not the splits of those dues to the writers/publishers)
What's their protocol in case of technical difficulties with their platform?
We have a support team that works with you. Response time is generally within 24 hours of email.
Can we access a staging demo of the platform to test it out?
We don't typically give demo accounts because the system requires training, a certain knowledge before using it, as well as data (catalog, reports, contracts/payees).
Schedule a demo with us by filling out this form.
What's the difference between the Revelator platform and the Original Works app?
Original Works is the name of the brand under Revelator where we created the Artist Wallet.
What does the onboarding process look like?
Our customers work with someone from our Customer Ops team to create their account, provide the ingestion & migration forms, and walk you through the process.
What is PayPal's fee structure when using the integration on Revelator?
Please see PayPal's fees here — note that we use the newer API (left column).
Are you working on partnering with other (international) payment options in the future?
Yes, we are currently exploring different payment gateways.
Can you tell us about your strategies for cyber security?
We are fully hosted on Microsoft Azure’s cloud infrastructure, benefit from all their integrated security, and furthermore follow best practices for security.
What is the turnaround time of delivery for new releases?
Delivery time to most major DSPs is within a few hours / same day.
Our current distributor makes our music available on YouTube and has a copyright claim management system, just confirming that you would do this as well in a distributor role?
Yes, we deliver to YouTube Content ID. We don't provide a UI for direct claim management. Our YT staff handles this directly and reaches out to you in the event of an issue with your content.
Which DSPs do you have an integration to automatically import revenue reports?
- Google Play
- iTunes/Apple Music
- All Merlin reports
Do you provide phone support? Live chat?
Phone support is available when needed but we handle most requests over email.
What happens to my chart history/rankings, playlist placement, etc when transferring distribution to Revelator?
When migrating catalog these days, the only major DSP that loses some historical data/rankings is iTunes/Apple Music. If the UPC-ISRCs are all the same, the merge should be complete and
- chart history & popularity should be retained
- ratings & reviews will be lost
For other DSPs, as long as UPC-ISRCs are all the same (and in the case of Spotify, you also need the track length and version info to be the same); all ‘ranking’ is preserved.
How can I import historical reporting/revenue/statements?
- Revelator can import old revenue using reports (those that we support or by using our report template). In order to do this, we would need matching catalog and contracts and then do royalty runs for those.
- Revelator can add transactions or an opening payee balance and we would likely need to associate the transactions to payee contracts.
- Revelator can populate User Statements — and even host the old files. This would require some dev work so we would need to charge for it. This option would only be to host the statements but it wouldn't populate any analytics.
Does Revelator provide access to unique codes (ie: Apple track ID's, Spotify URI)?
For all DSPs that provide a method to obtain a URI or a weblink, we retrieve those and display them in the Distribution section.
Does Revelator provide a way to setting up pre-orders?
Does Revelator provide a way to setting up pre-saves?
We don't offer this feature to our customers. We are working on a partnership with an outside partner, which would be opt-in and there would likely be a flat fee for unlimited use.
Why is it live on Shazam before the release date?
This is just how Shazam works: they don’t respect release dates. But you can’t play the song yet… If she doesn’t want it to appear at all before the release date, she must not send it to Shazam before that date.
Why does it show live on the UI when it is not live yet on YT, Yandex, iMusica and Nuuday and Shazam? Live on the UI for the following DSPs YouTube, Yandex, iMusica, Nuuday and Shazam simply means that they have confirmed ingestion.
Does Revelator support reporting for physical revenue?
We do support physical if the following criteria is met:
- IF customer can use the same product fields that we display today for a digital release. For example, if it’s a t-shirt you would create a ‘release’ called T-shirt A and have a track for each size.
- IF customer can make the sales report work using our report ingestion template
- IF the contract terms fit within the existing application's contract terms.